Friday, July 4, 2014

July Overnight Oatmeal Challenge Day #4 Grapes and Dragon Fruits with Cranberry Juice Overnight Oatmeal

Its day #4 and I thought why should I limit myself to soy milk only, perhaps I can try with fruit juice instead; it takes some courage but I did. Although it come out a bit more watery as compared to adding milk, maybe I should cut down on the juice next time. I think adding juice is fun, it is more refreshing and tangy; and its time to give the creamy oatmeal some makeover.

Day #4
Grapes and Dragon Fruits with Cranberry Juice Overnight Oatmeal 


Ingredients:
1/2 cups of oatmeal
1/3 cups of dragon fruits (cut into triangle) 
3/4 cups of grapes (halved)
1 cup of cranberry juice 

Well, the steps are very easy, just put all the ingredients into a big cup, bowl, container or whatever you have. Give it a good stir, make sure its all mixed thoroughly, give it a shake if you have to but I normally don't shake it because I don't like when I have to clean the residue stuck inside the screw cover mug. Then, put it in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy the chilled goodness for breakfast. 
If you don't like your oatmeal too watery use less juice, maybe 3/4 cups will do. 

It is not easy working with grapes, I have to half every single of it and remove the seeds, if seedless grapes is an option you should get the seedless one. Nevertheless, it is a good option for a healthy breakfast and the color is so vibrant it is perfect to the day. 

No comments :